Over 20 Years Of Successful Litigation Experience
Firm founder Kevin S. Mullen is an adept litigator whose experience spans state and federal courts, administrative proceedings and arbitrations. Kevin has successfully tried many matters, including whistleblower and retaliation claims, age discrimination allegations, race and national origin claims, civil rights violations, and common law claims ranging from negligence to assault. Additionally, attorney Mullen routinely handles unfair competition cases, noncompete disputes and trade secret matters.
He often appears in court and before private arbitrators on motions for summary judgment, motions to compel arbitration, motions to transfer venue, remand-related motions, injunctions and other proceedings. Kevin has also represented clients in oral argument before the state courts of appeal and composed winning state and federal appellate briefs. Kevin is listed in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America in Labor and Employment Litigation.
Equipped To Assert Your Interests In A Variety Of Matters
Kevin’s 20 years of litigation experience includes the following types of cases:
- Contesting OSHA citations
- Prosecuting and defending employment discrimination (Title VII) cases
- Prosecuting and defending noncompete, unfair competition and trade secret cases
- Prosecuting and defending cases under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Prosecuting and defending individual and collective wage and hour cases (FLSA/minimum wage/overtime)
- Prosecuting and defending claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Prosecuting and defending claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Prosecuting and defending claims under the Texas Labor Code (Discrimination, Payday, and Workers’ Compensation Retaliation Claims)
- Prosecuting and defending breach of contract matters
- Prosecuting and defending whistleblower claims under OSH Act and other federal laws
- Defending landlords, tenants, and architects from architectural barrier and accessibility claims
- Contesting National Labor Relations Board charges
- Defending public employers accused of civil rights violations
- Prosecuting and defending negligence matters and employment tort claims
Kevin is proficient in defending and defusing multi-plaintiff minimum wage and overtime suits, and he advises businesses on strategies for minimizing their risk of such claims. Countless business owners throughout central Texas have benefitted from the proactive counsel attorney Mullen provides regarding compliance with local, state and federal laws and industry regulations. Kevin has successfully handled matters ranging from a few pest control technicians to hundreds of oil and gas workers.
Although Kevin primarily represents employers in employment disputes, since forming The Mullen Firm PLLC, Kevin has successfully represented employees in wage and hour, whistleblower, age discrimination, Equal Pay Act, Family Medical and Leave Act, workers’ compensation retaliation, disability discrimination, sexual harassment, breach of contract, and noncompete matters.
Get The Sound Counsel You Need To Address Your Concerns
You can count on Kevin to aggressively advocate for you if you are embroiled in an employment dispute. He moves quickly to address contentious claims and complaints before the problem escalates. As your advocate, he will give you the honest and educated advice that you need to hear to make rational and smart decisions. He is equipped to assess claims, respond to allegations, spearhead internal investigations and present compelling arguments in hearings.
Ignoring a legal dispute won’t make it disappear. Taking swift, effective action can help you contain the problem before complications arise. Contact an experienced lawyer today and begin developing your strategy. You can reach the Austin firm via the online contact form or by calling 512-991-9553.